Current online modules:
ADHD: Diagnosis and Management
Comprehensive discussion hosted by Dr Faheem Naqvi (Consultant Psychiatrist) with Expert Guest Speaker Dr Cyrus Abbasian (Consultant Psychiatrist). Ideal for all healthcare professionals who may see patients with ADHD in their clinical practice.
(Trailer below, the full video once purchased is just over one hour in length – Equivalent to 3 CPD points when video seen and necessary evidence of peer group discussion and reflection – Subject to Peer Group Approval) – Press the rent icon in the top right hand corner to have access to the full video via stream for a period of 3 months.
1) What is ADHD, what are the different sub-types and how common is it?
2) Is ADHD a diagnosis of Exclusion?
3) ADHD and co-morbidity with other psychiatric and neuro-developmental disorders?
4) Treated vs Untreated ADHD and Prognosis
5) How to reach a diagnosis of ADHD? Which diagnostic tools are most commonly used?
6) How does ADHD affect functioning in Childhood and Adult life?
7) Non-pharmacological management of ADHD
8) Pharmacological management of ADHD (Strategies, Monotherapy vs Dual Therapy etc)
9) Trial and Error approach to ADHD?
10) Further reading, resources and advances
11) Further Discussion
Autism Spectrum Conditions: Diagnosis and Management
Educational Video on Autism Spectrum Conditions with Dr Khurram Sadiq a Consultant Psychiatrist Based in London with expertise in the diagnosis and management of patients with Autism Spectrum Conditions. The interview is hosted by Dr Faheem Naqvi (Consultant Psychiatrist) on behalf of CareerCPD.
What is Autism and what is the correct terminology
What are the Sub-types?
Are there any associated mental health conditions with Autism Spectrum Conditions?
How common are Autism Spectrum Conditions?
What are the screening and diagnostic tools to make a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Conditions?
Management of Autism Spectrum Conditions
Self-Injurious Behaviour in Autism Spectrum Conditions
Future directions and Research